"He who postpones the hour of living is like the person who waits
for the river to run out before he crosses." Horace
What are your favorite things to do during each time of the year?
Take some time to create Seasonal Lists of the different activities
that you particularly enjoy doing during each season of the year.
Here are one person's Seasonal Lists of favorite things to do:
- Settle in early for a long winter's night of reading by a fire.
- Go out for a walk during or right after a heavy snow storm.
- Take a book and light candles for a long soak in a hot tub.
- Spend a day or winter's evening preparing a favorite meal.
- Go out to the woods and hunt for the first signs of Spring
- Go exploring a city or down back country roads on a bike.
- Wake up early in the summer to watch the dawn come up.
- Purposely let myself get drenched in one summer downpour.
- Pick wild berries in the woods and make jam or preserves.
- Make fresh salads and barbecue outdoors on summer nights.
- Eat a fresh whole tomato standing over the sink in the kitchen.
- Stay out at late at night to watch the summer meteor showers.
- Rake up a big pile of leaves and plop down in them for a nap.
- Then burn some of the leaves in the Fall just to enjoy the smell.
- Go out and pick apples and make applesauce or apple pies.
- Canoe around a lake or on a river during Fall foliage season.
After you make your lists of things you like to do in each season,
put your list for this time of year where it'll remind you to look for
the right day to go do one of those things before the season passes
and you lose the chance to do it for another whole year.
"A multitude of small delights constitutes great happiness."
Return to the MAGIC NUGGETS Page